G.C.E O/L – 2022
Appreciation of English Literary Texts (46E I, II)
The English Literature Seminar conducted by ELSL is a meticulously designed programme to equip students with the necessary skills for G.C.E. O/L exam success. This comprehensive seminar encompasses critical areas, including the examination paper’s structure, in-depth comprehension of the marking scheme, analysis of the criticism’s framework, effective time management techniques, and proficient speed writing strategies. Furthermore, participants will engage in over 100 context questions on the 20 poems, 4 short stories, 2 dramas, and the novel “The Vendor of Sweets.” Immerse yourself in a scholarly exploration of literary works, honing your critical analysis capabilities, optimising exam time allocation, and fostering a profound understanding of key texts. Seize this exceptional opportunity to enhance your academic prowess and excel in the forthcoming exam.
- Each student is required to create and use their own individual Skype account for the seminar. Sharing of Skype accounts among multiple students is not permitted.
- Please note that recordings of the seminar will not be made available to participants.
- Prior to the seminar, it is advisable to test your Skype account independently. ELSL does not provide technical assistance for Skype-related issues.
- It is recommended to have a stable internet connection in order to participate effectively in the seminar.
- Participants are required to have a functioning camera and keep it turned on throughout the duration of the seminar
- Participants are required to have a working microphone and actively engage with the lecturer when requested.
- Non-compliance with the above requirements may result in removal from the seminar.
- Any participant engaging in inappropriate behaviour during the seminar will be promptly removed from the session.
Seminar Content Coverage (SCC)
Structure of the paper
6.00 p.m.– 6.30 p.m.
Structure of the Marking Scheme
6.30 p.m.– 7.00 p.m.
Paper I – Section A
7.00 p.m.– 9.00 p.m.
Paper I – Section B (The Vendor of Sweets)
9.00 p.m.– 9.30 p.m.
Structure of the Criticism
9.30 p.m.– 10.00 p.m.
Paper II – Poetry
10.00 p.m.– 10.30 p.m.
Paper II – Short Story
10.30 p.m.– 11.00 p.m.
Paper II – Drama
11.00 p.m.– 10.30 p.m.
Paper II – Novel (The Vendor of Sweets)
11.30 p.m.– 12.00 a.m.
12.00 a.m. – ∞